Stephen Murdoch – Summary Profile
Stephen Murdoch is a highly experienced leader, business and project management professional with over 20 years of experience in delivering multi-discipline, multi-£million, multi-national, transformational, IT-intensive and Capital programmes.
Stephen has strong people management skills with experience of managing large teams, organisational change, establishing new governance structures, developing business strategy and working in complex stakeholder environments.
Following a successful career in engineering, project management and as a business director in the defence and aerospace sector, Stephen established his own management consultancy practice, Wagg Consultants Ltd, in 2005 focussed on delivering business transformation and project management solutions.
Wagg Consultants is now an ISO9001:2008 certified company which has successfully delivered a number of client projects, including:
- Integrated Train Planning for a UK rail infrastructure provider. Managed the Programme Definition and Implementation of a multi-£million business transformation.
- Business Transformation for a UK subsidiary of major European aerospace group. Re-structured and managed the project delivery organisation, introduced project management processes to improved delivery performance and quality for a portfolio of projects with budgets in excess of £70M.
- Programme Management of the Transition of Newquay Airport from Military to Civilian Operations, providing programme management to ensure delivery of the project. This project required the delivery of over £50M of airport infrastructure works in 12 months. The works comprised runway resurfacing; taxiway improvements; security fencing; construction of the Air Traffic Control Tower, Fire Station and Fire Training Ground together with installation of new systems for Aerodrome Lighting, Navigation Aids and Radar.
- Support to the future development of Newquay Airport, defining a programme to further develop infrastructure and assets focussed on attracting aerospace industry clients to the airport.
- Project Management to deliver a new Operations Facility for the Cornwall Air Ambulance Trust comprising a new aircraft hangar, helipad, office accommodation and all associated infrastructure. This has included the appointment and management of the architects, engineers and the principal contractor together with the development of a business case to secure nearly £1M of EU funding for the charity.