Ever considered being a transport or travel consultant?
Northpoint are seeking one, possibly two, graduates for a twelve month placement either in the Highlands of Scotland, or the South East of England. (shorter placements will be considered)There is some flexibility with regard to start date.
- The preferred candidate will have a degree, or higher level, qualification in a suitable subject area.
- High standards of numeracy and literacy in standard English are essential.
- As is an ability to self organise and work independently
- A high level of proficiency and self sufficiency in IT is required, particularly standard Microsoft Office packages.
- Expertise in statistical analysis and/or modelling or another major language (French, Spanish, German, Mandarin, Japanese) would be beneficial.
- Flexibility and a positive outgoing personality will also be an advantage.
- Remuneration will be subject to experience and negotiation.
Duties Appointees will be involved in frontline research for a range of both public and private sector clients, principally in the air transport sector but also in the broader travel and tourism industries. They will work under the guidance and directly to one of two company directors.
It is expected that the trainee will work in an office environment part of their time, but will also work independently – from home or when travelling, for significant periods of time.
In addition to the core tasks of undertaking research, analysis and report writing, other duties will include project coordination, preparing for meetings and events, attendance at client meetings and preparations of articles for publication.
Initially most clients will be UK based, but there will be opportunities to work in Europe and prospectively further afield.Appointees will be subject to a six week probation and 6 month review.
Prospects Appointees will have the big advantage in Northpoint of the opportunity to fast-track quickly to higher levels of responsibility, including engaging with and developing their own clients; the diversity of work experience will also be substantial. For a self-starter who is keen to learn about the aviation and associated travel/tourism sectors and /or the consultancy business this is an exceptional opportunity. Extension of engagement beyond twelve months is a strong possibility for the right candidate, and subject to business conditions.
Please forward your CV with covering email explaining your interest to Basil O’Fee at firstname.lastname@example.org