Katie O’Fee – Summary Profile
Since graduating with a Master of Research in scientific study from the University of Glasgow in 2016, Katie has worked in a variety of roles including research work for Northpoint Aviation, initially on an ad hoc basis before becoming an employee in January 2018.
- Detailed catchment analysis of West of Scotland, Welsh and Irish Airports. This included multimodal analysis for drivetime, bus and train services.
- Support work for the UK Regional and Business Airports Group – notably their role and significance in UK Aviation.
- Research into emerging technologies and developments in UK aviation. Notably:
- Sustainable Aviation Fuels; UK Spaceports; Drones and UAVs
- Mapping populations, GDPs and economic trends for airport catchments for a variety of projects
- Attended SPARA2020 end of project meeting and Biofuels preparatory application meeting
- Taking Minutes at UK RABA Group 2018 AGM in Olympia
- Manning RABA Group stand at the British & Irish Airports Expo 2018
- Minutes of DfT CORSIA Briefing meeting
Main Responsibilities and Skills
- Scoping and contextualising work on main projects
- Updating and Maintaining Northpoint Website
- Preparing PR materials for RABA Group and Northpoint
- Explore published research in evolving and selected areas of interest.
- Specialist in GIS (Geographical Information Systems) software.
- Support resource for APPG on Regional Airports
- Analysis of CAA and other statistical data
- Support on book-keeping and accounts
2015-2016: MRes Biomedical Sciences – University of Glasgow
2010-2014: BSc Human Physiology – University of Glasgow